|Friday, August 18, 2006
I have read a few of the chapters of
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I have no idea of whether he is a Muslim or not…but I dare say that his words are
beautiful and very powerful. His words are thoughtful and clean…it explains the human heart in chapters, deeming the heart an easy organ to handle. And I want to share one of my favourite chapters…
And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, Speak to us of Children.
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children are living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the Archer’s hand be for gladness,
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
Nowadays, I do not know if I am actually living life, alive. It is hard to say, isnt it. When your life has actually many lives in it. I notice something. That I am alive for the Moment. Give me a lecture. And in that lecture, I’ll be attentive and divert all thoughts to it. But give me a second out of the lecture theatre, I am emptied of my thoughts and I will begin to walk like a zombie. Empty. And if I am alone, I attempt to read. For at least when I read…my mind is filled up again and it is not empty. For if I am alone and am not doing anything, then I just don’t feel good because I don’t like to feel empty. And if I am in the bus and am too tired to read…I will just sleep. Because then I will start to dream or even if I do not dream…my imagination will be stirred by the noise and the hustle of the traffic and my mind will be filled up again.
Currently…I think I am doing ok. Matters of the heart…oh well. I will just let it take its own course. And yup. I think I take slightly more than two months. And I hope to not prolong this anymore. Insya’Allah.
Actually…I do feel a bit apprehensive these days. Because…I have several bugging things going on in my head. And I just wish to tell it off my chest. But while I use to trust a person so much that I told everything, now that the confidant is no longer around, I am just slightly lost as to whom I can tell things to. I mean…sometimes you just need someone whom you have understood and spent so much time with, someone whom you can trust…to just listen to you, because these matters are just too personal. So a few days ago, I tried to write it down in a diary because I thought it might work out that way. but I guess, while I am writing it down in the diary, I am actually not TELLING anyone. So I turned back to blogging **after contemplating weder or not I should close my blog down**…but I cant seem to blog those stuffs. Oh well. I’ll wait for a while. And if I can’t hold on to it any longer, I’ll tell.
More obligatory stuffs have to be done. And I thank God for that, because it reminds me of my life’s purpose.
PBM AGM was held last Tuesday. And frankly, it was personally a memorable day for me. I made my maiden professional speech in my life and that night was a night for me to remember. Trust me. Making or preparing a speech was not an easy task. Writing a speech is easy. Thinking of it…is slightly more difficult. But making the contents of the speech come ALIVE in your term of service…. THAT is the real challenge. The challenge of you, writing down and saying out your PROMISE to the people, and making sure that you WORK HARD to REALISE all your words.
And I think….any speech at all…you must attempt to make it come from your Heart. Only then will it open the Hearts of the people whom you are addressing. And only when their Hearts are open, can u be sure that they take away what is good for them. And alhamdulillah **because I only have God to thank for everything**…I think some people did leave the room, with at least 1% of what I have put across. For JK0607, my only wish is for us to stay close as a team. And since to begin is to think of the end…I hope to see ourselves cry hard because we have to leave office…and not be happy because we have finally pushed the job to someone else. Here is something, which I hope to hold on to:
Work is love made visible.
And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.
For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake a bitter bread that feeds but half man’s hunger.
And if you grudge the crushing of the grapes, your grudge distils a poison in the wine.
And if you sing though as angels, and love not the singing, you muffle man’s ears to the voices of the day and the voices of the night.
In other words, work with your heart.
And yup. I miss my dad a lot. I miss my dad so much.
* spoken&willspeakagain*
12:04 PM