I have been wanting to write about an Indonesian sinetron HIKMAH since a very long time ago. Haha! And since the FIRST season ended yesterday…I think I have to do it justice now. I must say that HIKMAH is my favourite Indonesian sinetron of all the many other sinetrons, like IKHLAS and DIA… *possibly because of a really charming character named ARMAN, but that is really beside the point*
IHKLAS was good, but it was a bit eerie with all the black magic and the weighty jealousy scenes. HIKMAH has a great deal of very realistic human emotions being displayed. We do have to realize that a lot of human misdeeds are not exactly and not always being aided by the supernatural world. But more accurately, lots of wrong are always being driven by feelings and desires in human beings themselves, much to our supposed disbelief. On the other hand, we should not overlook the fact that there is this thing called FATE, which is why no matter how good we are beneath, we can always land on the other side of the boat due to CIRCUMSTANCES. *what we Muslims would call…Qada’ dan Qadar*.
HIKMAH allows me to aspire to be like some of the characters. A very RESILIENT character like Ana. I love the way she strives to be so ikhlas, so sincere, and has so strong a faith in God. I am far from being what she portrays to be. The way the character is frequently conversing with Allah swt through the many zikirs....the frequent and regular prayers…setiap ungkapan darinya, each and every clause that comes out of her mouth will always be accompanied by Subhanallah…or Astaghfirullah…or Alhamdulillah…or Insya’Allah…or Masya’Allah…sometimes, some people may deem that character to be a rather stupid one. Maybe. But it takes a strong person to believe in a supreme being and a stronger person to believe that this supreme being would be able to give her a better circumstance in the end. Do we not sometimes question why we are always facing this particular hardship and not other people? if we do still question, I conclude that we are still far from being strong people.
Another patient and tolerant character like Arman. I like his cool-headedness. The way he is able to discern what is true and what is make-believe. The way he still looks after his brother despite the brother’s misfortune. And the way he is angry but quickly forgives and cools down. The way he scolds but never raises his voice. The way he is able to balance work and family matters. He is not too quick to judge. He is soft-spoken but stern. A respectable character who values money in terms of how it can benefit other people who need it more than him. And of course…The way he…lovingly smiles.
*u know something, I have never really thought of the qualities of a guy whom I would like to have as my other soul. I have never really sat down and give it a good thought. Not even when I was …. That was then. I mean, I thought that it is all not necessary. But I think the character Arman, should encompass the sufficient qualities…not that I would go around with a checklist. Maybe…this is what people would call…your dream partner. A DREAM partner. One whom you dream would be perfect for you, yet you are still unsure if he is THE one, God meant you to be with.*
Oh well. Life is like a drama, do you not think so? Episodes of your life. Turning the pages of your life story. changing the scenes on the stage of life.
At times, you yearn to be a particular character. At times, you despise a character so much. Have you ever thought of being in all those shoes at any point at all of your life?
As for me, there are times I yearn to be in the shoes of some characters. Most of them, I realize, are characters who are able to love and more significantly, characters who are loved in return. I thought it just feels nice to…be loved by the people around you. do not get me wrong. It is not that I am seeking attention or fame or anything like that. It is just that, once people love you, you will be, more often than not, in their thoughts…in their minds. People will look out for you. will accidentally, unconsciously, subconsciously, consciously, think of you. will accidentally, unconsciously, subconsciously, consciously, feel for you. and therefore…you will constantly be in their prayers…
Insya’Allah…once they remember you and pray for you… You will then not need to fear death…because people who love you will always pray for your well-being in your grave…and for your After-life.
And then…your life fairy tale will attain a good ending.
And you will live happily ever after.
And this is what you call…
THE END.
Web Cam, Mic, Headphones
Black Jeans
A part-time job in a bookstore
Increase CAP!!
Honours
21st Birthday
New Zealand