I haven’t updated my blog for so many days. At least to me. I think I am busy. Like everyone else. School is fast sneaking into our lives and eating up our free time and munching away our free thoughts and hardly giving us the space and time to breathe or even gasp for air. Such robust school life I have. *rolls eyes* haha!
But despite that certain moments of negativity that occasionally eat up my mind and spit it right back into my face, I do say that I like being this busy. But I want to shout out loud that this is only to a CERTAIN extent. Call me a robot. Call me a perfect machine that has been perfectly formed out MOE’s well-planned and ‘all-rounded’ perfect mould. Call me the government’s perfect citizen, since I preach for cleanliness, love to believe that education is still the important thing despite anything else, somehow still do believe that PAP is still doing a good job despite the rising GSTs and its control-freak stance in everything. Oh well. What’s wrong with that? LOL.
You are going to find that my entries have been and the upcoming ones will be very school and PBM-centric. And seriously speaking, there is nothing else in my mind now. If I am not thinking of presentations or preparation for tutorials, then I would be thinking about pbm events. Since it is this semester in which the bulk of PBM events would be. We had just had MALAM PENTAS I and PESTA PANTUN TAKLIMAT. And if any of the year ones are reading my blog, I want to say this…. That I am really proud of you guys. That may have sounded so cliché. But you need to believe this. I know you guys do face problems. Uncooperative group members. Little initiative. Bad marketing. No money. No venue.
Welcome to the real world. Because the real world is like that.
I know that pbm is not like DSL. It is not like Silat. People may have wanted to quit pbm for reasons like.. “dsl or silat is more fun.” And I dare say that I agree with you. but not totally. Dsl and silat work on a different ground altogether. They are both performing arts or sports. Where the team can bond much more easily. Because you guys work on team work. The practices are fun because there are games and all. It is all about expression and body movements…well. Its fun. But PBM is different. We work on the assumption that the malay language is getting more and more obsolete and therefore we need to work on it. We work on the assumption that we, undergraduates, do have a role in shaping the society’s thinking and in bettering our community, especially for malay/muslim students. Organizing events can be fun. Trust me. it is ALL about how EXCITED you are on making the EVENT HAPPEN. Notice I didn’t say that it is all about how spectacular or how unique or how wonderful your event is. Because, it is not about that. It is the skills that you will learn.
Most penultimate, PATIENCE and DETERMINATION. *of course you can say that u can learn this in dsl or silat. I don’t deny that. But the context is different. The POLITICS are different.* And this is the attitude that will help you in your life after you graduate. It is these TWO values that can help you stay focus, despite the various failed job interviews. It is these TWO values that can help you stay focus, despite you having to juggle your career, your wife, your husband, your kids, your parents, your friends AND yourself.
Haha! Please believe that I am not trying to sway your thoughts to joining pbm or what not. My intention is purely to convey this: That different societies or clubs will serve different purpose. Choose what is best for you. And that FUN (same with happiness) comes from within. PLANNING events is tiring. But look at the skills you gain after that. They’ll stay with you for long.
Trust me. * we could have very well watch movies or go play bowling or go play pool after school. but we choose to dedicate one year or more of our university life going for meetings, thinking and planning. You think we are nuts. We think so too. but we do it anyway. Why?*
Labels: sch n pbm. haha.
Web Cam, Mic, Headphones
Black Jeans
A part-time job in a bookstore
Increase CAP!!
Honours
21st Birthday
New Zealand